Saturday, April 23, 2011

What doesn't break you only makes you stronger....

It's been a while since I have posted and I apologize for that. It has been a crazy past few days. Thursday morning I came up here for a few hours and then I went home--to Fairfax--to see my Pre K kiddos for their Easter Egg Hunt and to take care of some stuff. It had been almost 4 weeks since I had been "home" and it was so nice...but part of me felt guilty for leaving the babies to do house work and paper work. Luckily we had a great nurse that day and she didn't mind me calling every couple of hours to see how they were doing. It was so nice to be "home" and see the kids at the elementary and my wonderful friends and co workers whom I have missed so much!! The prayers, thoughts, calls, texts and gifts that they send are so amazing and I am truly blessed to work with such great people.

Friday I came back and it was so hard leaving Chris because I was torn between wanting to go to his baseball game (I have only made it to one game this year!!) and rushing back to see the babies. Friday was a busy day for us at the NICU. They had to be re-assessed by the OT, Parker got refitted for his new left splint, Payge had a session with the speech therapist....Needless to say I think I made the right decision by choosing the babies over a baseball game.

When Chris finally made it in yesterday evening, the babies were doing great and we had our usual weekend nurse "Miss Daisy" whom we just love so much and who has a mutual understanding with Parker-who is known as the "fit thrower of NICU" and so we were ok knowing that the kiddos would be in good hands....luckily we have some pretty awesome nurses up here who let Chris and I be the best parents we can possibly be, and who answer questions or concerns we have as well as provide support and encouragement for us during this time.

This morning we got up to go visit our wonderful niece Brooklynne. She is so adorable!! I-her Lame Aunt (the boys call me this because I ALWAYS buy them books) got to feed her!! Let me tell you what...that girl likes to eat!! It was so precious giving her her bottle and being able to bond with her. I can not wait until her and the nuggets get a little older and we start the photo sessions, play dates, and just all the holidays we have to look forward to with our growing family.

Parker is definately his mother's son. Bless his little heart he is high strung and loves the attention. All the nurses here know "Henderson Baby A" or "Sir Parker" and they can tell his scream from down the hall! When I walk in, you can just see the look of sympathy they give me. Lol. Bless his heart. The past few days he has had his nights and days mixed up, so one of the night shift nurses decided to put him in the bouncy seat. They said he loved it!! They went to make the rest of their rounds and a few minutes later heard him screaming from down the hall...they went to pick him up and he pooped all over them, the seat and out of his outfit!! He was fine after that!!  Needless to say he got a bath and they didn't try the seat anymore that night!! He is now 5lbs and 11.9oz and taking a bottle every 3 hours. He is such a cute little guy with such a fun personality already! He is still having Brady's....boo to those!

Payge the Peanut is just that. She is finally over 5lbs but she is still so tiny and precious. She takes after her daddy and is just pretty laid back. She is having problems with the suck/swallow/breath reflex and the speech therapist has given us several ideas and pointers to help her. She gets so stressed out over brother-imagine that- that by "bottle time" she is just so uninterested!! She is 5lbs 2.2oz and is on a continuous feeding tube. She is as cute as a button and she will wrinkle her nose and eyebrows up when Parker throws one of his fits. Thank God that she is so laid back!! Once we get the suck/swallow/breath thing down she will start taking her feedings in a bottle and she will be just fine!!

Being here is hard. Seeing people bring their car seats up for the car seat test is hard. Seeing people leave is hard. Being away from Chris is very very hard. But God never said it would be easy. He just said He would be there every step of the way. And He has been. He has been there to provide for us financially, emotionally, mentally and physically. I pray daily that God will be with my babies, the nurses and drs and Chris and I....I couldn't ask for a better person to be by my side-even when he is 90miles away-Chris is right there with me. Learning the hard way, life is hard. Life is not fair. But if you have faith in God and believe that HE is right there with you, even in the darkest of days, the hardest of times...then you will make it through it. "If you're going through Hell, keep on moving..."  "Life ain't always beautiful....but the troubles make you wiser..."

Thank you God...for 2 very precious miracles babies who have helped me grow stronger in my faith, closer to my husband and become a better person. Thank you family and friends for being there for Chris and I and the nuggets..for the thoughts, visits, texts, and the prayers....especially the prayers. Without God, prayers and faith....this would have broken us....but with it all we will only continue to become stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment