Thursday, April 14, 2011

Milestones....

What is a milestone with a baby....or babies? What is a NICU milestone?
Well...early this morning the babies were moved to open cribs...is that your typical milestone? Maybe not for you...but for this Henderson clan...IT IS!!! No more stinky, enclosed, dark, covered isolettes for my sweet babies. We have upgraded to plastic bins on wooden boxes with wheels! HECK YEAH!! Another milestone...Parker only had 1...yes just 1 brady last night!! That is huge since the previous night he had 5!! Limited to no spit up for my little Prince...mark that down as another milestone! For my Peanut...they had to change her formula because her little tummy just couldn't digest it all so they put her on something that is partially digested--gross yes tell me about it--but since then her spit up has not been as often or as much. Dr. still hasn't come by yet to explain that to me....but I am interested in hearing how my daughter is being fed partially digested formula...I will let ya know how that goes.

Chris got to come up yesterday for a couple of hours. It was so nice seeing him and watching him with the babies. Not only is he an amazing man, awesome dad and my best friend...he is a WONDERFUL daddy. The light and look on his face when he holds his children is breath taking! I appreciate everyone who allowed us to spend time together yesterday while he was here. I love having visitors and people coming to check on us...because this NICU hole is starting to wear on me....but spending just a few hours in the middle of the week with Chris is the best thing in the world and helps me make it through the rest of the week. Him leaving is hard...probably harder on him because he feels like he is missing out. Poor guy...please keep him in your thoughts and prayers...that God will heal the distance with love and strength until he gets to be with us all again.

Well...almost 2 weeks down and we are still hanging in there. God is good...all the time. And no, we don't understand why the babies came early, and we never will. But in God's plan, it all happens for a reason. The babies are doing well. Again, NICU is a roller coaster with all the ups and downs...and truthfully its just not a fun place to be...BUT God has blessed us with great Dr.'s and nurses who will provide my babies with the best that they can.
Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers....keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment