Friday, April 29, 2011

A pair of shoes..

How often do we get ready in the morning and put our shoes on last? Left foot than right foot. Easy as that. But...what if we didn't have a right foot? Would it still be easy to put our shoes on? Do we truly know what its like to walk in "someone's elses' shoes?" Do we worry about our own "shoes" too many times and get wrapped up in putting on the left one and then right one and forget it could be worse.....

After my "pity party" yesterday, it hit me. God has a way of hitting me with a left hook every now and then when I need it, and He said "Amanda, do you know how lucky you are? Do you not know the blessings I have given you? Yes, the NICU stinks (yep God said stinks) BUT you have not only 1 but TWO very precious, very healthy babies and you will be going home one day. (and in home He meant Fairfax, not Heaven)." My reply "God, when? When will we go home? Why? Why are we here?" His response:
Meeting a mother of a baby that was born at 26 weeks that is just now almost 3 lbs, whom herself has health problems....seeing a transport team have to transport a set of newborn twins because of medical reasons..meeting a little boy in the NICU waiting room that still hasn't got to meet his baby brother "because he is just too little, but the dr's will help him"...hearing the story of a mother that this was her 6th pregnancy (she lost the first 5!!) and their child was still born premature and in NICU....

My response: Hit my knees and thank GOD that I have TWO precious babies, merciful prayer and thanksgiving to Jesus who has blessed me.

So, when your "shoes" may not be looking quite up to par...remember that you have "shoes" and you are blessed because you never know what it might be like to walk in someone elses' shoes.

Thank you God, for not only blessing me with 2 feet but a pair of shoes that are ok to walk in. Thank you for blessing me with 2 precious babies that are healthy and will be going home (in YOUR time). Thank you God for the left hooks that wake me up and make me feel so blessed that I have you as my savior and friend...I have you to talk to, to guide me and to comfort me. Thank you God that even though Parker is still having several Brady's that he recovers on his own and never has to be revived. Thank you God that even though Payge is having problems with her feedings that she is still able to gain weight and grown and God I know that you will be with her belly and feedings. Thank you God....for my "pair of shoes."

No comments:

Post a Comment