Monday, April 25, 2011

On Eagles Wings....

One of my favorite memories while growing up is going to basketball camp with my dad. We would go all over, even though I was too young to be at the camp, I always got o participate...well until I got bored that is and decided to go swimming, or hang out with the coach's in their lounge and watch TV. Growing up I was a "Sequoyah Eagle" and my dad told me to always take pride in whatever you were and whatever you were doing. I took that to the extreme. There was a coach there that was a "Claremore Zebra" and at a young age I could never fathom the idea of a red striped zebra!! This famous coach would always say "Zebra's are fast and can out run other animals..." and I would respond "well Eagles can fly...." I would also sing "Rather be dead than red...rather be dead than red..." For many years these were my responses to his "Red Zebra's can out run other animals..." but I was always proud to be a "soaring Eagle...."

Fast forward many many years....and I feel like would rather still be an Eagle. Sure Zebra's are fast, and pretty, and strong....but Eagles are mentioned in the Bible a number of times. When does God talk about Red Zebras???  (http://www.watchmanbiblestudy.com/)

God uses the Eagle in the Bible for strength, protection, swiftness, renewed youth...etc

"Those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength
Those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings
with wings like Eagles
They shall run and not grow weary
They shall walk and not faint"-"Wings like Eagles" Don Moen

So, as another week begins here in the NICU...I look back and remember that my dad told me to always take pride in who I am and what I am doing...
I am a Christian-and I will wait on the Lord to renew my strength
I am a Mom-so I will not grow weary
I am a wife-so I shall not faint
and I am an Eagle-with God being my Leader, and I will allow Him to provide for me and renew my strenght even when I grow weary or faint.....

Parker: 5lbs 14.8oz
Payge: 5lbs 4.3oz

PAYGE TOOK A BOTTLE LAST NIGHT! 13 mills from a bottle!!! WAY TO GO PEANUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment