Tuesday, April 26, 2011

M. O. M.

What is important? What is a priority?
Well, let me begin by saying that what USED to be important, no longer is, and my top priorities have now changed...and it all began when I became a mom. Mom. Its crazy how those three little letters create such a strong desire to love, cherish, fret, stress, bond, cry, etc....

Growing up I had (and still do) one of the greatest mom's ever. I totally took advantage of it. My mom was the one that drove us to softball and baseball games, that played in the back yard with us, that took us to the park on nice days, that made sure we were never left out, mistreated or had to sacrifice for anyone or anything. M. O. M. and in return...I chose to be a daddy's girl, stay out WAY too late, run with the wrong crowd at times and even mistreat my mom....

Still to this day, when I have a bad day...I call Mom. When I mess up....I call Mom. When I need help financially, emotionally, mentally, physically....I call Mom. I pray that one day, even if it is 27 years from now, and Parker and Payge need me...that they will know that they can ALWAYS call me.

Being a MOM is one of the greatest feelings in the world. When Parker is screaming and throwing his fits (where does he get that type of behavior?? :) ) and I can hold his hand and talk to him and he calms down because he knows that his MOM is there and will help him. When Payge grabs my finger to hold while I sing to her, or how she likes it when I rub her little forehead...there is nothing else that matters. What mattered before....clothes, money, toys, etc....NO LONGER MATTER!! I am a MOM. They day they say "Momma" (which is hopefully before they say "Dada") I will cry...not doubt about it.

Yesterday, when Payge took a complete feeding through a bottle, I cried. I was so proud and excited for her!! I had to leave NICU, go out to my car to sit and call Chris. I was overwhelmed with joy. This morning, when the Dr came in and said we can take out Parker's feeding tube...it hit me that this will be the first time I get to see his beautiful face without any tubes, wires or crud up his nose, down his throat, etc...and of course I cried again. Since I am no longer pregnant, I can no longer blame it on the hormones. But, I can blame it on being a MOM.

Being a mom is something I have always desired and something that I have prayed about and prayed about for many years...Thank you God for answering my prayers, thank you for giving me such a wonderful man to share this dream with and thank you for my own amazing mom who taught me oh so many things!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God." Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment