Monday, May 2, 2011

Strength

Superman got his from Kryptonite.
Athletes get theirs from Gatorade.
The rainbow gets it from the rain.

Inner, emotional, physical, mental, etc....where do you get your strength?
1Peter 5:7- "cast all your worries on Him because He cares for you..."

Where do you find your strength? What helps you during your "journey?"
Beginning week 5, and we are no longer in the NICU, but in the PICU. Yes, that gives me strength knowing that my babies were stable enough to be moved upstairs. But this "journey" sure has been a hilly one. Ups and downs, tears and smiles, milestones and setbacks...but somehow I have found the "strength" that I need to survive this journey.
Through friends text and facebook messages, to pastor's prayers and emails, by giftcards for gas and meals, and for all the many thoughts and prayers---strength has been found. And even though great friends, family and loved ones have been there, the strongest power that has filled me, my inner strength, has come from God. God has been here with me during this journey. He has helped me realize that His timeline is greater than mine, His power is stronger than mine, His hand is at work in everything and He has one very powerful and strong hand...
Where would I be without God? Where would I find my strength? How could I sleep at night knowing that my babies were in intensive care if I didn't have the comfort of God fill me with peace and ease my mind knowing that even though I am not with them 24/7, He is.....
Psalms 46:1-"God is our refuge and strenghth, a VERY present help in trouble."

When this journey began, I felt guilty. That there was something else I could have done to keep these babies in my belly longer, or that I did something wrong in my pregnancy. After many tears and hours of prayer...I no longer feel that way. I feel that God has blessed me deeply with two very precious babies...and like their momma they were stubborn and wanted things on their time. God didn't curse me by giving me premature babies, He blessed me by helping me grow in my Faith, become more patient and reliant on Him, realize how important my marriage and relationship with Chris is, how lucky I am to have wonderful family and friends to reach out to us....I could be angry, sad and upset that my babies celebrated their 1 month birthday in a hospital...but instead I am happy, joyful and blessed that my babies celebrated their 1 month birthday!!

Psalms 138:3--"In the day that I called you, you answered me. You encouraged me with strength in my soul."

So, yes athletes may get their strength from gatorade, superman got his from kryptonite and the rainbow shines bright after a rainfall...but I find my strength in God, who gives me strength  when Parker smiles, when Payge looks at me with her big bright eyes, when they both take their bottle, when the nurses' get excited when they talk about the twins, when I hold the precious miracles that God has blessed me with...I find strength.

Both babies are growing and getting so big. Payge is getting to nipple 15mL every 3 hours while Parker is still on full feeds! He is still having Brady's but they will be 38 weeks this Wednesday so hopefully he will start to grow out of them. Sister has not had spitups this weekend-they changed her formula-and is growing (5lbs 12 oz). Their original 40week due date was May 18th so hopefully we will be home around that date-give or take a week.

God-thank you for the strength you give me. Be with those who need strength on their journey and may not know you, or feel like they need you. Thank you for the wonderful blessings you have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment