Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More importantly....

The babies turned 4 months old yesterday. Its hard to believe that 4 whole months ago our lives changed, titled and got completely rocked. Many of you know "our story" and how these babies are our precious miracles...but even miracles bring rocky times. Growing up, I was consumed with how my body looked. I didn't allow myself to eat certain foods because I didn't want them to make me fat. Typical teenager stuff you know, that was of course brought on by boys, "mean girls" and low self esteem. Well, its a good thing I over came those "body issues" because I no longer have time to worry about those things. I don't have time to work out all hours of the day, prepare only the healthiest of meals or look in the mirror for hours to critique my self image. I have more important things.

I also no longer have time to pick up the house every minute of the day, or do ALL the laundry in one afternoon, dust the entire house just because I feel like it. I would rather sit in the nursery with the babies or lay in the floor while they talk and laugh and giggle at me and to each other. I have more important things.

I used to worry about only shopping at the best places, wearing designer jeans, eating out at nice resturants...now my life is consumed of gym shorts, ROSS and Target and Hamburger Helper-if I am lucky and have the time to brown the meat...if not, a sandwhich it is. I have more important things to worry about.

Sports used to be in the top 3 of the most important things to me. Not saying it is not longer important, but now I am more concerned with the kids that I am teaching and coaching and the impact I have on them, not my win and loss record or how many errors we made in a game. I have more important things to focus on now.

The highlight of my morning is when I go in to wake Payge up. I say "Good morning Payge, are you ready to wake up?" and when she looks up at me she is smiling and laughs and kicks her chunky legs. To me, thats more important than sleeping in. The highlight of my evening is rocking Parker to sleep-he is my cuddle bug- and how he curls up to me and sighs because he is content. To me, that is more important than getting caught up on my DVR'd shows.

Becoming a mom is hard, stressful and long hours. I told my mom yesterday, "I wish stay at home moms could get paid." and she replied, "they wouldn't make enough." It is oh so true. Life can pass you by oh so quickly. I have learned that one day, Parker won't want to cuddle with me, that Payge wont like my singing or dancing and that all together at some point in both of their lives my kids will think I am stupid, dumb and embarressing. So, now as I sit here in the floor of their nursery, listening to Casting Crowns, singing and typing while both of them sit here smiling at me from their boppy pillows I have realized that there are so many more important things in life than what I have ever known before......

"I can only imagine....."

God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment