Friday, July 15, 2011

Broad Shoulders

How broad are your shoulders?? Can you bear the weight of the World?  Jesus carried all of our sins on the cross...what can you carry in life?

People always say that "God will not give you more than you can handle." Sometimes we want to slap the people who say these words...but they are oh so true. God knows the weight you can bare and how broad your shoulders are...even when you may not. "My help comes from the Lord, Who made Heaven and Earth. He will not allow your foot to slip or be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber." Psalms 121:2-3

While we were in the NICU, I couldn't imagine not having a Faith. A Faith that let me know that my babies were going to be OK. A Faith that held my hand, that allowed me to cry as well as smile and a Faith that helped me rely on God when I thought I couldn't rely on my ownself anymore. Faith is the key. God is the answer.

When things are placed on our shoulders, we can turn to God for help or away from God in anger. We can ask "why" or "how come" or we can simply pray for help and guidance. God knows there are times we will be upset or hurt by the burdens life brings us...but He prays for us to return to Him.

Yes, Parker has casts and yes  it is hard watching them get cut off each week and holding him down while he gets new ones. The stares of strangers are even harder. But I don't want pity for Parker. I hurt for him. But I truly believe in my heart that God is making me and Parker stronger by this.

Yes being in the NICU and PICU was a struggle, but I truly feel that God knew I could handle it. He knew my shoulders were broad and that they stay at St. Johns was going to make me stronger. Stronger in my faith, a stronger mom and even a better mom because of it all.

God deals you cards in life. Each hand may be different but it is up to you to decide how you will handle those cards. Will you have broad shoulders?? or will you crumble? Either way, God is beside you each step of the way.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you.He will never allow the rightoues to be moved. " Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment