Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Are you strong in the thunderstorms?

"When the storm of life is raging, and the thunder is all I hear, you speak softly to my soul."-Kutless "Strong Tower"

As I sit in the waiting room at OU Children's Medical, I can hear and feel God speak to my soul...because I am able to fight back the tears. I am able to remain strong and still in Him. I was able to not cry in front of Parker as the nurse took him out of Chris' arms and laid in down, in his hospital gown, into the surgery crib. I am strong because of God. I am strong because I have Faith. I am strong, because I am blessed.

Anytime you think about surgery, it is scary. Especially on a 4 month old...that is your own flesh and blood. But can you imagine your fears if you didn't have a faith? Can you imagine the thoughts and feelings you would have if you were buddies with the Devil? There is no way you could survive the thunder, or storms, or waiting rooms.

Like I have said before, I don't want pity for Parker. I hurt for him. I worry for him. But what mom doesn't worry about their child? Hurt for their own? But I do not pity him.

The babies were baptized Sunday at church. It was mine and Chris' commitment as well to promise and vow to raise these babies in a Christian home and instill Faith within them. I want my babies to grow up with the Faith I had put into my heart at a very young age by my mom. I want the Nuggets to grow up believing in the Lord and knowing that even in darkest of hours, the strongest of stroms, God is with them.

So, as we sit here during this "thunderstorm" we know that God has His hands on Parker. We believe that God is with the doctors, nurses and surgeons. And we feel God sitting here in the chilly, bad coffee, over packed with loud talkers waiting room. This is our thunderstorm and we shall soon see the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment