Monday, August 8, 2011

Bitter Sweetness

Sour patch kids.
Orange juice after brushing your teeth.
Diet Coke with Lime.
Chewy Sour Lemon Heads.
Things in life often leave two different tastes in your mouth....

Well...once again, the babies are doing something that not every 4 month old gets to experience....we are moving. Chris got a certified job teaching Elementary PE and I am so proud of him. But, it is a bitter sweet experience. For the past two years, Fairfax has been "home." It has been a place, that for the most part, has welcomed us with open arms and open hearts. It has been a place where I got to experience being a head coach as well as an Elementary Teacher. It has been a place that has allowed us to grow on our own, out from underneath our parent's wings. But, it is time to move on in our journey. Time to continue to grow, but as a family of 4.

I HATE moving, with a passion. Luckily my parents have came down to help us, and it helps to have them with the boxes, but it doesn't make the pain in my heart go away. Again, this is bitter sweet. We have developed and established lifelong friends...extended family members. There is no way I can ever have better neighbors or baby sitters than I do here. BUT...Chris gets to do a job that he loves and has a passion for. A job that would not be available if we stayed here. I know that friends can continue to be friends, but the days of leftovers being passed house to house, milk being borrowed, baby sitters around the corner...those days are gone. But a pro to that heart wrenching con is that now the days that face us revolve around the babies and not a coaching schedule or season. Hello to the days of milestones and memories made that you can't begin to compare to scrimmages, Christmas Break practices or 2 a days.

So as I fight back the tears and write this, my friends know that this was the best decision for our family. My friends know that this is a hard choice for us to make. My friends are there to help with the babies or pack a few boxes. My friends understand. They feel my pain, and at the same time celebrate our joy.

Tangy Lemonade.
Sour skittles.
Raspberry sherbert.

Bitter Sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment