Saturday, August 20, 2011

Timelines

In History, you study the timelines-the time that events happend, the place they happend, when they ended, etc...
In Reading, you create a timeline-a time of sequences and events that happend, the setting, the characters, etc...
In life, you dream of a timeline-a plan you dream about, write in your journal about, insist it will happen, etc...

Well, my timeline in life has NEVER matched up with God's timeline and His plans for me. My "timeline" that I dreamed about had me living in my dream house, with 2.5 kids, a dog, and working in my dream job of being an Elementary Counselor.
Well, I am living with my parents, with my 2 kids, 2 dogs and my dream job is possibly going to be elimintated by the State Department of Education. Goodbye Timeline.

Chris has always wanted to be an Elementary PE teacher. But it was not in his timeline to get offered and hired 3 days before school started, where we would have to pack up and leave in less than a week. Goodby Timeline.

I had always wanted babies. God gave me babies, two very sweet babies. But they were on God's time. They arrived early but God had it in His plan. I would never put it in my timeline to have twins 7 weeks early with a complicated pregnancy, delivery and health problems. God knew. God had it written on His timeline.

I had dreamed of my "guy" for many years. I had searched for him. I was going to marry a tall, basketball player who was also a cowboy. Well...Chris is not very tall, doesn't really care for basketball and is the furthest thing from a cowboy. But God knew. God had it in His plans for me to marry someone who was kind, funny, sweet and loved me for me. God didn't give me Chris when I was ready, God gave me Chris when He was ready.

I went from being a Head Girl's basketball coach...living the life I had wanted to follow in my dad's footsteps for so long...to not coaching at all. Nothing. Nada. But God had it in His timeline for me to be a mommy.

God knows. God hears. God plans.
God knows we have Hope and plans for our future but God also knows what is best for us and the timing. God's timeline can outweigh any timeline you can study or come up with on your own.
So, God thank you for making me learn patience. Patience and understanding that even though I am impatient, You are not. Even though I am uneasy, you are my Rock and You are strong. Thank you God for your timeline and life and for being with us each and every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment