Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tossing and Turning....

Gone are the nights of 8-10 hours of sleep-undisturbed, or the Saturday mornings of waking up at 10am, watching some College Football gameday and vegging out in your PJ's. Gone are the nighst of sponatneous dates, romantic unrushed dinners and wearing something that doesn't have spit up on it.....

Welcome to "Mommy hood." As I sit here, running on about 3.5 hours of sleep, about to start my new job, I can't help but smile. I can't help but laugh as I watch Parker grab the blanket away from Payge and shove it into his mouth-everything seems to make it there these days. I can't help but chuckle inside as Payge rolls all the way across the living room to steal a toy from her brother, or yank his pacifier out. These moments help me forget-for a tid bit- that Parker screamed for 3 hours straight last night-teething stinks!- or that Miss Payge refused to take a nap the past two days that I stayed home with her. Isn't life fun?!?

Last night, after Parker finally calmed down (because him and daddy made a palet and slept together), I couldn't help but let my mind wonder. So many questions, concerns, etc. come into my head and bounce around. When am I going to get that darn flu shot we all need to get? Should I take the babies to War Eagle? Why do people think it is necessary to come all the way across from somewhere to touch my baby? Or ask me if they are identical twins?? (HELLO?!?! One boy/One girl!! NO THEY ARE NOT IDENTICAL!!) Am I taking them out too much? How much sleep do they need? How late is too late for a nap? Man...these mommy questions and thoughts keep me up all night...tossing and turning.

No one writes a book about what to do if one twin is screaming and the other is sleeping....or what do you do if one baby is teething....or if both babies want to snuggle and you are home alone....or what if one baby dominates the other one and wont quit picking on the other one??? No one tells you these things, or prepares you. Instead....you get to toss and turn...all night long.

So self help books...or "what to expect books"...bite me. You are no longer wanted or needed, because apparently my babies are writing their own chapter and it is "Gang up on Mommy and overtake her."

So as I sit here, sleep deprived, but still with a smile on my face, I know that the tossing and turning will continue until the babies are, oh lets say 65? So, I will continue reading good books and FB at all hours of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment