Sunday, May 20, 2012

Everything YOU Do

Almost every day, Mom, P2 and I have a routine of walking or biking at Claremore Lake. Sometimes the "boys" join us, and fish while we stroll along. After a very stressful day at work a few weeks back, I told mom that I felt like "I had the short end of the stick" because Chris was getting "him time" and getting to fish without the babies. I hit a chord with mom and she reminded me that I had prayed, wished and hoped for these babies...and boy was she right.

Too many times, I get stressed or overwhelmed, but as I was rushing around getting ready for Church this morning, a song came across my Pandora list by Steven Curtis Chapman called "Do Everything."

"Your picking up toys on the living room floor for the 15th time today,
Matching up socks,
Sweeping up lost cheerios that got away.
You put a baby on your hip,
Color on your lips, and head out the door...
While I may not know you,
I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes, does it matter at all??
Well let  me remind you, it all matters just as long
as you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you...."

Wow. Shut the door.

As we often do, Mom and I got into an indepth conversation about life, parenthood, the future, the past, our journey, etc... yesterday morning, and she said "I prayed for you to be a mom, because I know how badly you wanted to be one. I was scared that you would never get that opportunity."
Isn't it funny how MOM's always know the things to say or do that pull you out of your slump??
I had been sulking because Chris was away on a "man trip" fishing and after mom spoke those words to me, I remember that I had prayed, for years, for God to allow me to be a mom. God blessed me. He made me a Mom of Multiples and sometimes I forget to Thank Him.

So now, as I sweep the floor after breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner, and fold the 3rd load of laundry for the day, I will replay the words of Steven Curtis Chapman and TRY (we are only human :)) to do everything with a smile on my face.....because in the end, it does matter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment