Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Molehills, Mountains, Milestones and Memories....ahhh

As I stayed home from work today with my two RSV babies, I began working on their 1st year Video. After organizing 1.6 billion photos, a strong emotion came over me and make me hit my kness praying. Thank you GOD...thank you for the molehills, the mountains, the milestones and the oh so many memories, and all after just 1 year.

Molehills:
Ear infections, strept throat, RSV, Moving, NICU for 3 weeks and PICU for 4 weeks, skull fractures, job changes, heel chord surgery, tubes placed in Payge's ears.....

Mountains: making not one, but 2 trips to Florida after losing "Santa," overcoming financial stress, allowing God to provide and take care of us during injuries, surgeries and illnesses, learning not to make "molehills into mountains"

Milestones: Parker finally passing a PT test!!, transitioning from braces, to casts to surgery to Dobbs braces and now only wearing them at night! Dad winning game #500 before resigning as the Lady Longhorn's Coach, Payge finally saying "mama," Uncle DJ FINALLY graduating college :)! From sitting up, to holding their own bottle, to signing, to eating solids, waving, talking, laughing, crusing, Payge taking her first steps....

Memories: Swimming at Fairfax Nanas house, photo shoots with Aunt Megan, shopping dates and the circus with TT, meeting and going to She-She's house for the very first time, Payge waving, Parker getting an IV for being dehydrated, going to Disney for Christmas, their screaming and terrified faces when they met Santa for the first time, sorting out their clothes as they seem to keep outgrowing everything, Pop's All State Game this summer, riding Cooper at Uncle Gary's house, Papa Smith humming and rocking Parker to sleep, picking out outfits for each holiday......

The lists for all of these just go on and on....
This first year has been full of ups and downs, bumps and bruises, tears and smiles, but it has been the most important year of my life. Yes I have been insanely busy, crazy stressed out and at times a tad bit overwhelmed....but as I compiled a video of just a mere 250 pictures....I can't help but smile, tear up a bit and close my eyes and whisper "Thank you God! Thank you for the molehills to help us face the mountains, for the bruises to make us stronger and for the memories and milestones that keep us going on..."

Sigh....I can't believe it has almost been a year.
A year since ....
I went in thinking I had the flu....
I spent a week in labor and wacked out on drugs trying to keep these babies from coming early
We spent many hours at ST JOHNS, worrying, stressing and praying for these babies....

Molehills will become what you make them.
Mountains can be moved.
Milestones will be reached.
Memories are made.

1 comment: